As a Candidate:
You are experienced in direct customer support, and capable of hands-on, technical problem solving for customers. You work well with a team committed to working together to meet the support needs of customers in a timely and professional manner. You employ a high level of organizational skill and planning.
You are comfortable in Windows and Linux operating systems, as well as devices such as desktop computers, tablets, cell phones, WiFi routers and VoIP phones. You have knowledge of local and wide area networking and are familiar with telnet and know how to use/interpret ping and traceroute.
You will become experienced and confident remotely accessing components of wide area network routers/modems and understanding embedded diagnostics like signal to noise ratio (SNR) etc. You will gain similar experience with Mikrotik routers and vpn tunnels.
Your Duties Include:
- Monitor clients’ network connectivity and proactively assign tasks to the appropriate level of support.
- Troubleshoot and support ADSL/Cable/Fibre/LTE and Bonded Internet, Failover Internet and private networking Internet customers as well as email, web hosting, DNS zone files, VPN, VoIP and Unified Communication services.
- Alert customers of security vulnerabilities identified by Skyway or third parties and co-ordinate resolving such vulnerabilities with the customer or third party security consultants.
- Update Skyway’s knowledge base.
Skills and Requirements:
- Have at least three (3) years’ Customer service or Technical support experience.
- Be capable of learning how to remotely program a variety of adsl, cable and Mikrotik routers.
- Be flexible within your work schedule and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Provide on-call support during non-business hours as required.
- Fluent in English both oral and written. Second language beneficial.
- Good documentation skills and organizational planning.
Skyway West is a BC based innovative provider of Wide Area Network and Unified Communications solutions to Canadian businesses.
Skyway West staff enjoy the convenience and flexibility of working from home. We expect all staff to follow Internet trends, prioritize customer satisfaction, take initiative and work with little supervision. Our team is very loyal and on average have over 20 years of Internet experience. We have the tools and experience to help you succeed. Come join us.
Send cover page and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org